For a medieval holiday
Just a few minutes walk from the medieval town of Dinan, Duguesclin residence is the ideal place to discover the cultural richness of the city and the region.
The residence offers comfortable, spacious, modern and functional accommodations, from simple studios to 3-room apartments. The accommodations are fully equipped: flat screen TV, free WiFi internet access, kitchenette. You will enjoy the covered outdoor heated swimming pool open from May to September.
Spend several days at the Residence mmv Dinan "Duguesclin", which is situated at 10 minute walk from the historic center of Dinan, so you can visit the region: Mont Saint-Michel, Saint-Malo and enjoy the beauty of the Brittany. In addition, you have the option of dining at a partner restaurant "Au coin du feu", adjacent to the residence and considered to be one of the best in the city.
The highlights of the residence:
- Spacious apartments
- The covered outdoor heated swimming pool
- Restaurant and bar close by
EquipmentThe Residence Détente*** mmv Dinan "Duguesclin" is composed of 51 perfectly equipped accommodations, from studio to 3-room apartments.
In all apartments:
- LCD TV
- Internet access in the apartments (*Due to the latest storms, the WiFi will be unavailable in Mars 2015 and will be fixed as soon as possible)
- The bathrooms are all equipped with a bathtub, except the PRM apartments.
- The kitchen corner includes a microwave oven, refrigerator, mini-dishwasher and coffee maker.
2-room 4 persons apartment (~ 40m²)
Living room with sofa bed 135 X 190 cm and kitchenette
Bedroom with an 160 x 200 cm bed
Bathroom with bathtub and separate toilet. The apartments equipped for the persons with reduced mobility have a shower in the bathroom.
There is a limited number of units that are wheelchair accessible and/or have adjustments in the house for disabled persons. Please contact us for information about the adjustments present to see if they match your needs. You can book this preference on request based on the availability.
Bath linen: possible rental
Bed linen: available
Maximum number of pets
SourroundingsCity's rich cultural heritage
You will discover with interest the charm of its downtown and the extent of its architectural heritage in a journey across time. You will observe a remarkable preservation heritage.
You will see many picturesque streets, its half-timbered houses, its gates and artisan workshops.The old port cross the small stone bridge and goes across the river to visit the House of Rance who can complete your information on this river.
Dinan, due to its location at the gates of the Emerald Coast, offers a variety of entertainment and activities in the Valley of the Rance. You will discover the city, its castle-museum, its clock tower and ramparts.
Around the city, many activities worth visiting: theme parks, castles, boat trips or gardens.
DO NOT MISS
Its ramparts, its tower, its gates, its neighborhoods full of history, Dinard, Cancale, Saint Malo, Mont Saint Michel and yet many other sites in the region.
The Castle Museum
The visit is unavoidable. Indeed, the castle consists of three elements combined in the sixteenth century, originally, independent. You will observe the door of the Guichet, Tower of Coëtiquen and Donjon. Alternately a ducal residence, then a defense complex and a prison, the castle hosts since 1908 the Dinan's museum collections.
Want to walk in town?
Enjoy the tourist tours to go and meet the old downtown of Dinan allowing you to find prosperity of the medieval circuit of walls or you can explore the military history of Dinan, principal ducal fortress since the late thirteenth century . Maps are available at the tourist office of Dinan.
Want a small hike?
Many trails were created to make hiking or mountain biking on the banks of the Rance and in the Coëtquen forest. Other leisure activities are available: golf, equestrian center, water sports center, swimming pool, theater, spa...
The Rance Valley offers many exceptional sites: go and see Léhon Abbey, the manor of the Grand Court in Taden and also the Moulin du Prat fully restored at La Vicomté-sur-Rance.
Enjoy time in family
Around twenty kilometers from the hotel residence club, enjoy a day of happiness with the access of two parks in one! The amusement park COBAC PARK, offers thirty activities (roller coaster, pirate ship, tower, ...) Emotions guaranteed for all ages. And the water park opened in 2011 AQUA'FUN PARK, with slides unpublished departures 12m high, 140m circuits
The Bourbansais estate
You'll have an unforgettable day, whether you come to visit the chateau or the zoo,or both!
As well as the usual zoo animals you'll discover some rare and unusual animals at La Bourbansais, like meerkats, wallabies, marabou stork, anteaters and even Watusi cattle.
There are also two shows to see at the park: hunting with birds of prey and the "Fidèle meute" or faithful hounds, a demonstration in which 50 French tricolor hounds take part. And if you have time, make sure you visit the castle.
Want to enjoy a boat trip
Links and coastal cruises tours. Leave your car at the hotel-residence club and go without crowding to discover many sites. Go to St Malo, Dinard, Cancale Bay or to wander along the river Rance. And why not enjoy a walk in the moonlight.
Distance from Utrecht: 800 km
Distance to the capital: 400 km
International airport: 59.00 km
Bar: on the spot
Restaurant: on the spot
Additional costsIncluded in the price:
- baby kits (pre-booking compulsory)
- free WiFi* in the reception area and in the apartments (*Due to the latest storms, the WiFi will be unavailable in Mars 2015 and will be fixed as soon as possible)
- bed linen (beds are not made)
The accommodation must be left completely cleaned. However, it is possible to reserve the housekeeping at the end of stay.
Pets are allowed in this residence.
Languages spoken at reception: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish.
Deposit to be paid on site: Will be returned at the end of the stay, after paying for the additional services consumed on site and for any possible damages made.
Mandatory Tourist Tax: to be paid on site at the end of your stay (price per day and per person).
Methods of payment: credit card, Mastercard, Visa, Cheques, Holidays cheques, cash.
- Baby kit on request, subject to availability. Includes: crib, high chair, changing mat, baby bath, pot and baby bath seat (to be booked in advance, subject to availability).
- Outdoor covered swimming pool, open from May to September. Free access during the opening schedule of pool (no closing day). Unsupervised swimming pool (Parents are responsible for their children's safety).
- Daily cleaning and final cleaning, except kitchen and dishes
- Bathroom package: bath towel, one hand towel per person, a bath mat for the apartment.
- Cleaning package: sponge, pods of various cleaning products and one dishcloth. Sold on site only.
- Beds made on arrival, except sofa beds, trundle beds and bunk beds.
- Pets allowed. Maximum one pet per apartment. Booking in advance required. The animals must be vaccinated, tattooed and must travel with their health certificate.
- Early Check-in
DepositDeposit 300,- Euro has to be paid on arrival